Dr. Freeman is a licensed psychologist, specializing in psychotherapy and therapeutic assessment. She obtained her Doctorate of Psychology in Clinical Psychology, with a concentration in Child and Adolescent Psychology at the American School of Professional Psychology in Orange, California. She also holds a Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology and a Master of Arts in Forensic Psychology. In her ten years of experience, Dr. Freeman has had extensive experience and clinical training in child, adolescent, and collegiate mental health. Utilizing various therapeutic techniques, including play therapy, Dr. Freeman provides therapeutic services, comprehensive psychological assessment services, crisis intervention and management, group therapy services, outreach presentations, and clinical supervision.
In addition to being a psychologist and a professor, Dr. Freeman currently serves as a member on the Annual Conference Proposal Committee for the Association of Play Therapy (APT). As an active member in the Association for Play Therapy, she has held various leadership roles, including Secretary for the Orange County Chapter (California Branch, 2009-2010), Member-At-Large for Southern California (2010-2011), and Southern California Regional Conference Coordinator (2011-2015).
Dr. Freeman’s approach emphasizes openness, understanding, a safe and supportive environment, and collaboration between therapist and client. Utilizing an integrative approach, she assists each client in addressing personal life experiences and tailors the therapeutic process to each client in order to promote healing and personal growth.
- The American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Doctor of Psychology, Clinical Psychology – Orange County, California (2013)
- The American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Master of Arts, Clinical Psychology – Orange County, California (2009)
- The Arizona School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Master of Arts, Forensic Psychology – Phoenix, Arizona (2007)
- University of California at Irvine, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology – Irvine, California (2005)
- Licensed Psychologist (South Carolina)
Providing services in the Mauldin location.